Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTC DS1307 interfacing with pic18f452 to make an alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

huzeeigat

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone..
I want to interface rtc ds1307 with pic18f452 to make an alarm that will sound once in a day...instead of giving it to a buzzzer i want to control a relay from it...
I want to develop the code in embedded c language...can anyone help me...?

Last edited:

How far through are you in developing the code? Where are you stuck in developing the code?

You should upload whatever you have worked on, or mention any references you are using (eg. any website, book, etc).

You need to know I2C interface to read/write the registers of RTC chip. What IDE you are using? mikroC has built in library. Otherwise you have to download I2C library.

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

Tahmid is correct.
Read I2C interface, read datasheets etc.
Do some work and then ask help. Otherwise you will not learn anything.

You need to know I2C interface to read/write the registers of RTC chip. What IDE you are using? mikroC has built in library. Otherwise you have to download I2C library.

You can also write the functions/subroutines for the I2C operation without external libraries after going through the datasheet and a little bit of practice. This isn't going to be too difficult since the 18F452 has an I2C hardware module.

If you decide to code it yourself, you might find it fun and also learn something while you're at it, although it's going to take longer.

Yup i will be soon posting the program..as i am currently tryin to develop it...

---------- Post added 19-03-12 at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was 18-03-12 at 23:59 ----------

can anyone provide me with some urls or ebooks on pic18f programming using c language..?

As for free stuff, there are a few tutorials here:

https://pic2learn.wordpress.com/
https://www.pic18f.com/

You should go through the reference manual: **broken link removed**

The book by Mazidi, the datasheet and the Reference Manual should be all you need. For other help, just use Google or post your queries here.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Can you provide me with all the functions and details of rtc ds1307?

Thanks..
Regards
Huzefa

Hey initially i was going to interface ds1307 with pic18f452..
but after referring to Muhammad Ali Mazidi's book for pic..i developed a program for alarm with ds1306... i am uploading the file.. the code gives an alarm everyday at 19:00:00 hrs..
i want to test this program in proteus but i dont have a model for ds1306 in proteus library..
Please help..

Attachments

• rtc.zip
    698 bytes · Views: 69
Last edited:

here are the image files of the program

Attachments

• rtc.jpg
    rtc.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 96
  • rtc1.jpg
    rtc1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 79

Please i need a reply for this thread..i need help...Its urgent for my project...

Instead of a model of ds1306 in proteus..I found a spi debugger..I connected the pins as given in mazidi...
I am uploading an image of the circuit...and the program has been posted above... please help...

i havent received any reply for this thread..please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.