Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTC chip DS1307 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can't seem to find the I2C address for DS1307 chip . for PCF8574N data sheet clearly tells on how to set this address but nothing like that for DS1307 , I know this is a very popular chip so can someone guide me on this issue?

thanks

Hi,

Just type DS1307 into the "search box" above, you will find loads of examples of how to use that chip.

From the data sheet:

The slave address byte contains the 7-bit DS1307 address, which is 1101000, followed by the direction bit (R/W), which for a write is 0.

Brian.

Thanks Brian !

that explained it , they call the device address as "slave address". so 0x68 is the device address.

hello,
Thanks Brian !that explained it , they call the device address as "slave address". so 0x68 is the device address.
yes,it is the device adress on 7 bits,right justified,
but you have to use adresse x 2+0 for write data ...0xD0 or adressex2 +1 for read data....0xD1

Last edited:

No, not 0x68.
As I stated and verified by Paulfjujo, The slave address byte contains the 7-bit DS1307 address, which is 1101000, followed by the direction bit (R/W), which for a write is 0.
So the address is 11010000 = 0xD0 when writing to it and 11010001 = 0xD1 when reading from it.

Brian.

Hi;

You cant check the basic stamp forum. I really learnt much about the device there.

Tunde.

ok thanks for your input ,my chip will be arriving soon, cant wait to program it.

Status
Not open for further replies.