Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 MsComm Handshaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mscomm handshaking

Hi,

Currently i am using vb6 mscomm to do the rs232 serial communication. I am try to interface the computer with a PIC. I would like to use hardware handshaking to control the flow.

Currently, i am trying to make the handshaking works between two computers.
When the sending computer sends RTS, the receiving computer will display RTS received and prompt user to send back the CTS signal to the sender. Can this be done by using timer?

Is it possible to alter the pulse width of the RTS signal from the computer? Is it possible to change it by using a timer?

Regards,
cwt

rs232 handshaking

with the pic you can simply use the cts for permit at the pc to send the rs232 string
is not need timer, you use cts as a switch.
The only, but not little problem (that i haven't solve), is that when you want stopped the data from PC, and for this you change cts level, the pc don't stop immediatly, but only when the pc'buffer is empty

mscomm.handshaking

Can the duration for detecting CTS be set in VB?

rs232 mscomm

IIRC, MSComm component has property that can be monitored for every "charater received event" (maybe the right term is "char buffer full"). Try to use that, it's simpler to implement. I just forgot the details, I've been implementing such software a long time ago :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back