Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Row scaning method for LED dot matrixmoving massage display

Status
Not open for further replies.

iabdim

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
74hct164

Dear all;

I want row scanning method for moving massage display; here all moslty defeine is colum scanning method. I saw many branded moving massage display all in rwo scanning method using . which most pre frable. any body help me in this regards;

IRSHAD BAIG

The preferred method depends on your design specification. If targetting to maximum brightness (and power supply and available drivers aren't an issue), then the MUX ratio shouldn't be higher than 4:1, maximum 8:1, otherwise the brightness is limited by LED peak current.

iabdim

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Row scaning method for LED dot matrixmoving massage disp

blueroomelectronics said:
How many rows? Any more than 12 and the LEDs will be very dim.

Dear Sir;
Thank you for reply; I have circut of At89c55Wd; row decoder 74hct259 and shift register 74hct164 in colum dirve. and we want to use row scaning method for high led britghtness and less flicker effect. Kindly help and how differnt running effect and we can make.

Added after 1 minutes:

FvM said:
The preferred method depends on your design specification. If targetting to maximum brightness (and power supply and available drivers aren't an issue), then the MUX ratio shouldn't be higher than 4:1, maximum 8:1, otherwise the brightness is limited by LED peak current.

Thank you for reply; I have circut of At89c55Wd; row decoder 74hct259 and shift register 74hct164 in colum dirve. and we want to use row scaning method for high led britghtness and less flicker effect. Kindly help and how differnt running effect and we can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.