Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear colleges,

I need a controller to my antenna's rotor or a pic with 36 digital input and 2 output in the antenna side and 36 output and 2 input in the station side and the connection using a two wire (possible but not necessary RS485 or any other..).

Fernando - Call sign PU2PLL

So, you basically need something with 76 I/O. I'm not sure there are any reasonably priced off-the-shelf solutions with that much I/O (you don't mention voltage, current, speed or any other parameters).

If it was me, I would probably buy some inexpensive development board and design my own I/O board.

Hi,

To me it's not clear what you need.
Maybe you could tell a little more for what you need that much I/O.
A little sketch could help, too.

Klaus

I think, although not explained, the application is quite obvious: 36 * 10 degree antenna rotor position sensing, motor fwd/rev control. Without using IO expander or mux techniques, e.g. a 64 pin PIC18 can do at both ends of the control circuit.

Knowing a bit more about connected sensors and actors, we could suggest methods to reduce processor IO count.

Sounds like a job for lots of I2C port expanders and a small MCU but I agree with Barry and Klaus, what you ask for seems very excessive for a rotator controller. Please explain why so many inputs and outputs are needed.

Brian.

If the station side is essentially a LED position indicator with control buttons, you can use a 6x6 mux scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.