albert22

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus encoder

Hi,
I am starting to use proteus to simulate a small system with a 16x2 LCD, some pushbuttons and a Rotary encoder.
So far I cannot find a model for a rotary encoder on the proteus libraries. Is there a model that I can get, for something similar to this one?
**broken link removed**
regards

proteus rotary encoder

Hi,
i not see the rotary encoder for the proteus, but many of this type encoders have a quadrature output signals, and when you change direction signal change phase whit 90 degree. So, you can use two pulse generator to simulate the coder.

encoder proteus

proteus lib ACTIVE/THUMB SWİTCH BCD
ACTIVE/THUMB SWİTCH HEX

rotary encoder model proteus

thanks for your answers
I have tryied the thumbswitches as necati said but output is not a quadrature signal. I could connect a prom on the outputs to get the correct code. But the switch stops to increment/decrement when it reaches the limits. And that is not very usefull to simulate a data entry.
I am still trying to configure a couple of generators to get the quadrature pulses but I dont see the way to generate the required pulses on the pressing of up/down buttons.
An alternative could be using an updown counter and a prom but this requires more circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…