Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rotary encoder for proteus.needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

albert22

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus encoder

Hi,
I am starting to use proteus to simulate a small system with a 16x2 LCD, some pushbuttons and a Rotary encoder.
So far I cannot find a model for a rotary encoder on the proteus libraries. Is there a model that I can get, for something similar to this one?
**broken link removed**
regards

proteus rotary encoder

Hi,
i not see the rotary encoder for the proteus, but many of this type encoders have a quadrature output signals, and when you change direction signal change phase whit 90 degree. So, you can use two pulse generator to simulate the coder.

encoder proteus

proteus lib ACTIVE/THUMB SWİTCH BCD
ACTIVE/THUMB SWİTCH HEX

rotary encoder model proteus

thanks for your answers
I have tryied the thumbswitches as necati said but output is not a quadrature signal. I could connect a prom on the outputs to get the correct code. But the switch stops to increment/decrement when it reaches the limits. And that is not very usefull to simulate a data entry.
I am still trying to configure a couple of generators to get the quadrature pulses but I dont see the way to generate the required pulses on the pressing of up/down buttons.
An alternative could be using an updown counter and a prom but this requires more circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back