Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

role of static timing analysis tools in Design process

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar_m_in

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all

I am new into this area, can you guys please tell me the role of STA tools in an FPGA flow please

any good books or suggestions on picking up static timing analysis in FPGA's in general

thanks a lot

simple idea is to make sure set up and hold time are meet for different scenarios,

ar_m_in

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks a lot

I will go through Chapter 13 of that link

however most of the matter on Chapter 13 had references to Prime Time, is there anything which is more general

thanks for help

prime time is Synpsys software for the ASIC, and there is something what it call SDC format, now for example if you constrining ALtera FPGA you are using DSC format. Also SDC it is standard de fact format in most FPGA/ASIC developments

go to Xilinx or Altera website or look for some technical training materials from them

thanks Iouri and wangkaust

sta material\]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back