Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rogers Laminate for 500 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre_pblima

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everybody
I need to develop some RF micro-strip devices. These devices will work on CW mode for 500 MHz and I need 50 Ω of characteristic impedance. What would be the best Rogers laminates for this kind of application?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rogers may be expensive for that frequency unless you don't need a temperature and frequency stable substrate.
FR4 is cheaper alternative to realize MS Lines at that frequency.But if you carry a High Power RF signals, Teflon will be a proper choice.

Rogers may be expensive for that frequency unless you don't need a temperature and frequency stable substrate.
FR4 is cheaper alternative to realize MS Lines at that frequency.But if you carry a High Power RF signals, Teflon will be a proper choice.

Thank BigBoss
but these MS Lines are for RF system of a particle accelerator, so I need very hight stability. The maximum power is around 150 W.

Thank BigBoss
but these MS Lines are for RF system of a particle accelerator, so I need very hight stability. The maximum power is around 150 W.
So you should carefully select a proper substrate from Rogers or other suppliers because every substrate may not provide stability and power handling capability simultaneously.

PCB Arlon CuClad 250GX--0300--55--22, 0.030″, εr = 2.55 DS2655 DS Electronics from the datasheet of "MRF6VP41KH.pdf"

FR-4 and modifications isola and so on, possible to use up to 10GHz. Of course when you need some filter solution, FR4 has not enough Q = 1/ tangents delta ~ 0.018. Arlon and Roger are better with tangents delta ~0.002 and thermo and mechanical stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back