Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robust and Redundant System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky Susanto

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a system control for hoist crane. i want to use a 89S52, this control will control two inverter using dac. I want to make one board with 2 controller inside, one for main unit and the other is for backup. if the main controller has a problem, the second one will take over all the I/O and controlling until the main controller is OK again. can anyone help me how to design this?
thanks

Your request is a serious one you know. Redundant means that the controller will have another controller that supervise the work of the first one. As the first one send an alarm signal, than the second controller will take over the system completely. I can help you design this, in fact I've design this redundant system for fuel monitoring purpose at a gas station. PM me if you are interested seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.