Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RoboBall Compass Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssloong81

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me what type of digital electronic compass used in RO256PN1 (RoboBall Compass Sensor) and its schematic and how it work? Thanks

hi..since i cant get my hands on the roboball, i can only guess that it uses a combination of gyrosensors and positional sensors..

here's a good article on gyros:

https://www.sensorsmag.com/

find the article 'A Unique Angular-Rate-Sensing Gyro'

ssloong81 said:
Can anyone tell me what type of digital electronic compass used in RO256PN1 (RoboBall Compass Sensor) and its schematic and how it work? Thanks

Not sure if the one i used myself, i used the Digital Compass Sensor by Dinsmore, gives you [ N S E W NW NE SE SW] , if you want accuracy use their analog sensors. some circuits to test them are in their datsheet.

for further technical details on the 1490 Digital Compass Sensor try here (h**p://www.dinsmoresensors.com/1490spec.htm)

PS. they are quite cheap :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back