Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Roadside detection in opencv or matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANS HAFEEZ

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SALAM..
i have to detect road side i m using RASPBERRY PI MEDEL B+ + PI CAM....
First i have to detect road side then find the center of road on which i have to drive car autonomously..
please suggest any best algorithm or links which can help me
Any Help ...
I Want output like ths

Attachments

• watershed-disttrans-road-wshed.jpg
    watershed-disttrans-road-wshed.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 95

i hv apllied CANNY edge detection but it create to much noise
then i also apply smoothing algos but found no solution

In some ways this resembles a line-following robot. The logic is based on light/dark detection.

Two sensors are side by side. If one sensor detects vegetation (which looks purple in your photograph), then turn the wheels to avoid it. The robot will stay centered on the road.

i hv apllied CANNY edge detection but it create to much noise
then i also apply smoothing algos but found no solution

There is not a standard procedure for determine the image enhancement sequence suitable to different applications. In some cases it is necessary to dilate the image before apply edge detection, on other after. For distinct image patterns may be required adopt different approaches and you might perform several tests by a combination of various functions and deduce it by yourself.

Additionally, you could also employ several other cameras to check the performance of each one. For instance I had used a cheap one that yielded the best quality on image, if compared to several reputable others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back