Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RN4020 Bluetooth Low Energy module

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh_

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just got a RN4020 Bluetooth Low Energy PICtail daughter card.

I have some issues while working on the application examples.

Please let me know if anyone of you have used this module.

Thanks.

It would really help if you told us what "issues" you are having.
Also what is the mother board you are using as I've had issues with pin mapping with some combinations of boards, especially if the processor is on a PIM.
Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your reply. This is a beginner's question.

I am working on the Android App Demo given in https://www.microchip.com/DevelopmentTools/ProductDetails.aspx?PartNO=rn-4020-pictail.

I followed the same procedure as mentioned in the document, but I don't see the data communicated to the Smartphone through Bluetooth.

I want to know if I am following the correct procedure.

Thanks,
Suresh

Following are the snapshots of my commands and the smartphone app: RN4020_PC_Android.png

From your pictures, it looks like you have got the device itself working and communicating locally. That is a key first step, but also where my experience ends. I have used Microchip products a lot but my Bluetooth experience is rather limited.
I'll leave it it others to help you from here.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back