Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RLC boundary condition in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvenkat

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss rlc boundary

hiall,
how to simulation with RLC boundary condition in HFSS?.. For eg. if i have a CPW with RLC termination how to define it?.Just define a sheet and proceed like defining a port? theres nothing abt this in teh manual
kindly clarify
thanks in advance

yes, just like defining lumped port. Do keep its dimension as smaller as it could be.

Regards,

thanx.
can this RLC be inside the box(for radiation boundary condtion). i.e. i'll have a box then inside it i'll have cPW or mustrip. one end of the tr.line will have one port(touching the box) other end will be terminated with RLC(wont touch the box)
i'll simulate and see
thanx
cv

Added after 5 minutes:

sorry one more doubts...

in microstrip the RLC must the defined between strip and ground. no problem

BUT in CPW do we need to define it between signal line and one ground or BOTH ground....do we need to connect Z/2 to both gnds or just Z to one gnd?

yes, you can put it inside the computational domain (air box), I didnt see any problem.

for CPW RLC termination, I suggest this structure:

Regards,

cvenkat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thankyou very much. i'll simulate and discuss with u

why "Do keep its dimension as smaller as it could be." Will you please ellaborate more on this point? such as how small should it be? How will it affect the result? any general rule? Many thank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back