Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ring tone on GR64 wavecom (sony ericsson) GSM module

Status
Not open for further replies.

abi26

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gsm module(gr64)

I just used GR64 for the first time for replacing GR47, there is a problem with the ring tone. When the module received call, there is no ring tone on the speaker, even the unit response with 'ring' 'ring' 'ring' on serial port. This is differ from GR47 or GM47, which is the spaker will beep when called.
I try to find from the AT command setting, but still not helping till now, and so asking the distributor, no answer too.
Any one can help me.

thankyou

Abi

sony ericsson gr64

I'll receive my GR64 module next week, i'll try it.

Can you specified other modification of GR64 (compare with GR47 or GM47)?

firmware gr64

See At command
AT*E2APR Audio Profile Manipulation

Edson

gr64 r2a

Yes Edson, we already try:
AT*E2APR
unfortunetly, still not work.
:cry:

gr64 project

I think you will find that the GR64 will not output a ring tone of any kind on pin55,56 as for some insane reason they decided not to follow the same trend as the GR47.

Instead what they done was to utilise the buzzer output(pin 31) of the GR64 instead!

This is applicable for all firmwire up to R2A.

Word has it that there will be a fix in the firmware in Feb/March next year for this! But don't hold you breath over it!

Thanks martint, we try buzer pin too, still not work. So we should monitor RS232 when ring ring ring. Yup...

There is a firmware release for the GR64 which outputs the ring one pin 55,56!!

The release is P4A014! I don't think it is official released though although I do have the updater for it! :D

Hi, anyone knows how to convert from GR47 to GR64, I mean the schematic.
I did my project on GR47 and I'd like to switch from it to GR64
Thank you, any helps would be greatly appreciated.

GR47 and GR64 should be backwards compatible. However I found the embedded code written for the GR47 isn't! GR64 uses EAUD parameters to set the audio profile. Also the GR64 communicates at a baud of 9600 as opposed to 4800 the GR47!

The official R4A is now released on Wavecoms website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back