Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

right angle microstrip bend equivalent circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojtaba_2424

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microstrip right angle bends

Hi
I want to calculate L and C in equivalent circuit of a 90 degree microstrip bend. it is not important to calculate them in finite element , finite difference and so on.
is there any one has a code about it or help me how to calculate them.
I know one way. I write a 3D FDTD with PML code (sulivan code) and I simulated a microstrip in it.I should exert a voltage in one of ports and read current in the other port. after it I should use FFT to transform the to frequency domain. by dividing V and I, I will calculate Z or Y.
in order to do it I have some problems:

1-how should I simulate feed? when I use dz(x,y,z)=pulse in a input of microstrip , at that point I have radiation to all directions. is it correct?

2-how should I simulate match load at the other port to absorb the current?

3-I should use j=H×n or I=∫H.dl to calculate current?

best regards
Mojtaba

Ohhhhhhhhh please someone help me. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

today i was looking into a similar thing as you, lol. i have read some from wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstrip_line

See [8] there, for instance. And references therein.

You may want to find articles which give equivalent lumped circuit models for microstrip bends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back