Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB driver with LCD interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat87

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lcd interfacing rgb

I want to make a simple RGB driver, that cycles thru different colors, but which also has a LCD on which the current color will be displayed, as well as a simple menu for changing the colors, available to the user. I'd also like to add a small nonvolatile memory, in which the settings of the colour will be saved, for the next time the uC powers on, or an on-chip EEPROM.

For the RGB diver part, I want something simple, which I think I may have found.

The end result that I want, is something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYloL6b0ztc

For the LCD i want a 4 bit interface. There's also the debounce code for the buttons, and then putting it all together

I don't know which uC to use, or how much memory I'm going to need for the whole program.
If anyone has done this kind of thing before, they're welcome to give me a few pointers, with the code, or maybe some useful links.

lcd rgb interface how

Best is to try yourself first, if your just going to use RGB LED's then i suggest the PIC16F690, its got a 8Mhz int osc and 18I/O pins, so more than enough to run a LCD and a few LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.