Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RG58 inner conductor

FullDuck

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have always thought that the inner conductor to RG58 was 20AWG. I now have a supplier saying they use RG58 and their inner conductor is 22AWG. Which is making it difficult to find the right TNC connector as when terminating the inner conductor to the pin there is too much slack inside and not as snug as it should be. Are they correct in saying they use 20AWG in RG58?

Hi,

There are RG58 cable manufacturers. They know how they build their RG58 ... and they tell you in the RG58 cable datasheet.

Quite simple to find your answer: just read the cable datasheet.

Klaus

Their datasheet says its 22AWG. But the point I'm trying to make is shouldn't all RG58 cables be the same diameter as all RG58 connectors have the same diameter pin? Nearly all RG58 I've ever uses has been 20AWG. Come time to crimp the pin or solder, the cable is too loose inside the pin.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back