Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID reader power output

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have come up with few Qs regarding the RFID reader's output power and tag's extracted power.

1. How much power is extracted by the tag?
2. What is the distance between the reader and tag?
3. What is the minimum power that is required to communicate with tag?
4. What is the maximum allowed distance for the reader to talk to tag?
5. How does the waveform looks i.e reader sends data to tag? If ISO 18000-C standard is followed, tag detects the ASK modulated waveform.
6. How much voltage is given by the rectifier?
7. What is the efficiency of the rectifier?
8. Is the reader designed to deliver 1W EIRP normally?
9. What is the general criteria to design a reader (Power delivered to tag antenna)? Is it like reader is designed to deliver 1W of power?
10. What are the considerations to be taken care while designing a reader to deliver power to tag? Is there any typical value?

Hope you will answer to my queries.

Thanks,

The distance between the tag and the reader will depend on the type of the tag being used and the working range of the RFID reader.
That means, the acquired range will be greater when using an Active Tag rather than the passive tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.