Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rf transmitter uncertainity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadpony

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to do wireless transmission using rf module 315 MHz. I have built a circuit on general purpose pcb. The transmitter doesn't work properly all the time. Unexpectedly it stops transmitting. I tried another transmitter in the same circuit, it is working properly indicating that their are no flaws in the circuit. Ill be really great full if anyone could explain me reason for its uncertain behaviour and any possible way to solve it.

I want to do wireless transmission using rf module 315 MHz. I have built a circuit on general purpose pcb. The transmitter doesn't work properly all the time. Unexpectedly it stops transmitting. I tried another transmitter in the same circuit, it is working properly indicating that their are no flaws in the circuit. Ill be really great full if anyone could explain me reason for its uncertain behaviour and any possible way to solve it.

A schematic and more details can help.

Encoder-HT12E, Decoder-HT12D, RF315 transceiver module, how to check whether transmitter is transmitting data. So that I'll get an idea about what may be faulty transmitter or receiver?
Thanks in advance

Encoder-HT12E, Decoder-HT12D, RF315 transceiver module, how to check whether transmitter is transmitting data. So that I'll get an idea about what may be faulty transmitter or receiver?
Thanks in advance

I do not know your components.To test the transmitter, send data through the encoder to it. Connect a detector to transmitter RF output, and use an oscilloscope to see if data are detected as pulses.

A simple detector for such test is a RF diode (1N60, 1N4148) coupled by a 10 pF capacitor to RF transmitter output, and use a 10 K resistor to oscilloscope input. Or use a wire loop, say 5 cm in diameter, with the diode in series. Couple the loop to RF inductor of the transmitter.

Once you confirm the transmitter is live, activate the receiver and use the scope again to see data output from it or from the decoder.

First to check the transmitter circuit, the address pins are yours you can give them any value you want then there are data pins then comes the TEN which is transmit enable and is enable low so you have to make it zero every time you transmit something, generally problem comes here only with the diode circuit as you press any data pin switch it will make the TEN grounded so if you are using a single RF module it would be preferable to let the TEN be grounded always either you are transmitting anything or not.
For OSC 1 and OSC 2 take the values of the resister from the graph according to desired frequency you want for transmission.
Now assemble the receiver circuit accordingly and place a LED at the pin VT(valid transmission) if the circuit is working properly then every time you press a data pin that LED will glow

If there is any problem then, at pin no. 2 you get the data of the receiver module, you take a copper wire and the connect the pin no. 2 of the receiver to the pin no. 17 of HT 12 E to check that the encoder and decoder are working fine.(after checking remove the connection)

If they works then you have to get an oscilloscope to check your circuit transmit any data combination and at the receiving end at pin no. 2 connect the oscilloscope you will see that four times the same data is been shown that you transmitted.

If both of them works correctly then there is no problem in your circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back