Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rf power tv tranmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcasal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I measure RF POWER OF ANALOG TV transmitter?

Can I use the Linear Technologies LTC 5507? I think I should do on the peaks of the composite video sync

I need for a telemetry project

:bang:

The transmitter has a RF port. Knowing the RF power equipment , the output DC voltage from detector and by linear regression, I will get a mathematical equation for use with a microcontroller.

OK
Also if Sync tip peak voltage and transmitter power gain function & supply voltage, is another way.
Another way is stripline directional coupler and measure forward and reverse voltage with suitable diode.

What do you think about to use the LTC 5507 peak detector, to get a DC voltage proportional to RF power ( dbm). In the past I used the ADL 5902 detector , but not work.

:bsdetector:

Power of TV transmitter for PAL system is defined as PEP during the horisontal sync. Average power reading is no good because PEP is constant regardless of picture content.
Chip i no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back