Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF PCB tool. Cadence RF\Analog Vs Mentor RF PCB tool option

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam.jonty

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anybody guide me in purchase of RF PCB design tool? I am comparing Mentor RF Vs Cadence? What are pros & Cons of each? Plz help needed.

Thanks In advance.

Cheers
Jonty

Mentor Graphics and Cadence are very expensive tools.I recommend Altium if you wil design RF boards.But if you have an intention to design Microwave boards, you can also consider "Cad Design" based on Autocad.
https://www.cad-design.com/index.html

Mentor Graphics and Cadence are very expensive tools.I recommend Altium if you wil design RF boards.But if you have an intention to design Microwave boards, you can also consider "Cad Design" based on Autocad.
https://www.cad-design.com/index.html

Thank you Bigboss for your reply, Though altium is cheaper, I don't find much of shape editing & simulation options, kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Apart from prizing, please suggest me benefits of using Mentor RF PCB tool, Cadence RF PCB tool, Agilent for wireless, analog, mixed signal kind of designs.

I'm using Altium for pretty complex RF Boards, why do you think so?? Anyway, it's your choice.
Cadence Allegro is a good tool for RF Boards.Don't consider Agilent's ADS for PCB design because its layout tool is not very proper for PCB designs.It's very good for MMIC and LTCC based layouts that are relatively small to simulate.

I'm using Altium for pretty complex RF Boards, why do you think so?? Anyway, it's your choice.
Cadence Allegro is a good tool for RF Boards.Don't consider Agilent's ADS for PCB design because its layout tool is not very proper for PCB designs.It's very good for MMIC and LTCC based layouts that are relatively small to simulate.

Thank you again, Is there any link where I can find feature wise comparison between Mentor RF option & Cadence Allegro RF option in terms of Pricing, featurewise, flexibility, support & so on?
I have started looking at there websites but gotto know Allegro RF would coast me around 15K to 18K for 1 year :cry:.

Help required in completing this assignment. :razz:

:roll: Fellow users need your assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back