Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF frontend + Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabidof

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nrf24l01 anticollision

Hi all,

I'm looking for low-power/low-cost microcontroller with RF frontend either all in one chip or a system on chip (SoC). It should have the following specs:
1. Sleep mode with low-power wake-up feature
2. Communication range of about 100m max
3. Anticollision embedded in the MCU

Up to now, I've found two interesting devices:
- the CC2510Fx from chipcon
- the nRF24L01 from nordic vlsi

Do you know other device that share about the same specs?
Your help is appreciated.

Jabidof

Hi, Why do you need TX and RX ?. Most low cost chips are only TX (microchip) if you do it clever you do not need RX !!..

Paul.

Sorry but for the application I'm aiming at, I need RX/Tx chips.

Unless you know a way to do bidirectionnal comms only with Tx chips???

Hi,

I think CC1110 is best solution.
The CC1110 is a low-cost true System-on-Chip (SoC) device designed for low-power and low-voltage wireless communication applications.

The CC1110 combines the excellent performance of the state-of-the-art CC1100 RF transceiver with an industry-standard enhanced 8051 MCU, 32 KB of in-system programmable flash memory, 4 KB of RAM and many other powerful features.

The CC1110 is highly suited for systems where very low power consumption is required. This is ensured by several advanced low-power operating modes.

The CC1110 provides a tight integration between the MCU core, software and the RF transceiver, making this System-on-Chip solution easy to use as well as improving performance.

CC1110 is supported by a powerful integrated development environment (IDE). In-circuit interactive debugging is supported for the industry standard IAR C-SPY IDE via a simple two-wire serial interface.

CC1110 is based on Chipcon’s SmartRF04® technology platform in 0.18 µm CMOS.

regards,
ezra

jabidof

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi
I think you can refer to RF MC IC's on Microchip and on ATMEL site.
There are plenty of good RF IC there.

In my opinion, you may have a system of multi TX and one or two RX.

Thanks

ezra said:
Hi,

I think CC1110 is best solution.
The CC1110 is a low-cost true System-on-Chip (SoC) device designed for low-power and low-voltage wireless communication applications.

The CC1110 combines the excellent performance of the state-of-the-art CC1100 RF transceiver with an industry-standard enhanced 8051 MCU, 32 KB of in-system programmable flash memory, 4 KB of RAM and many other powerful features.

The CC1110 is highly suited for systems where very low power consumption is required. This is ensured by several advanced low-power operating modes.

The CC1110 provides a tight integration between the MCU core, software and the RF transceiver, making this System-on-Chip solution easy to use as well as improving performance.

CC1110 is supported by a powerful integrated development environment (IDE). In-circuit interactive debugging is supported for the industry standard IAR C-SPY IDE via a simple two-wire serial interface.

CC1110 is based on Chipcon’s SmartRF04® technology platform in 0.18 µm CMOS.

true, but it is in sale since 2007

Looking for Nordic or Chipcon ICs?
From my experience, nRF24L01 is verz versatile with its multiceiver approach. It also integrates a complete protocol layer that reduces the MCU footprint.

Let me know if you need any components or PCB services. **broken link removed**

Tomic

------------------<0>-<0>------------------
www.tom-ic.com
Your reliable prototyping partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back