Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have dc motor driver board and i want to do something like it. there are couple of things that i amn't sure of it in this board. it contains IR2184, NE555 , AP 34063 and other passive components(c, R,L).
I want to know what is the rule of AP 34063 , Is it dc/dc converter or voltage inverter what is the best suitable for IR2184 driver. the board use push button for manual control also
attached manual

Attachments

• A_driver_manual.pdf
    342 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Hi,

for all the devices there are dedicated datasheets.

A simple google search on "AP34063" ...gives at first result the datasheet.

Read through them.
It´s faster and more straight forward if you read them... instead we read them and post you the informations...
And we don´t know what exactely you are looking for.

Klaus

I have already read it before writing this post so i said that it's used as dc-dc converter or voltage inverter. i want to understand it's operation in this board which isn't written in datasheet. I ask for your experience here with this kind of h bridge drivers. I checked some lines of the board connections. I found that the generated ramp from NE555 is going to the comparator in the AP 34063. so i think its output is PWM. the question is which leg in the IR2184 would the AP 34063 give it its output?

When I looked at the block diagrams from pages 2 thru 4, it was deja vu.........where have I seen this?

Now I remember, it is a circuit I used long time ago, from Motorola Semiconductor, now OnSemi.

Looking for it at OnSemi's web page, I found the datasheet, which contains far more information, including crucial design equations for all three topologies:

https://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MC34063A-D.PDF

ok, it is the same chip but which topology should be used with the h bridge or mosfet gate driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…