Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resolution of display devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyaaa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is resolution ?what ia arbitrary resolution display devices?

I don't know much about displays but I found these....

About Resolution..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

As I know about arbitrary resolution display devices, these devices have displays which does not comes under the 'list of common display resolution'. That is, 1000x400 or 300x100 etc. are arbitrary resolutions, (can be considered as custom made) and 1027x768 or 640x480 are common resolutions.

Hope it helps..

I don't know much about displays but I found these....

About Resolution..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

As I know about arbitrary resolution display devices, these devices have displays which does not comes under the 'list of common display resolution'. That is, 1000x400 or 300x100 etc. are arbitrary resolutions, (can be considered as custom made) and 1027x768 or 640x480 are common resolutions.

Hope it helps..
thank you...can you explain this briefly..plz

resolution
Refers to the sharpness and clarity of an image. The term is most often used to describe monitors, printers, and bit-mapped graphic images. In the case of dot-matrix and laser printers, the resolution indicates the number of dots per inch. For example, a 300-dpi (dots per inch) printer is one that is capable of printing 300 distinct dots in a line 1 inch long. This means it can print 90,000 dots per square inch.

For graphics monitors, the screen resolution signifies the number of dots (pixels) on the entire screen. For example, a 640-by-480 pixel screen is capable of displaying 640 distinct dots on each of 480 lines, or about 300,000 pixels. This translates into different dpi measurements depending on the size of the screen. For example, a 15-inch VGA monitor (640x480) displays about 50 dots per inch.

thanks...help me to know about arbitrary resolution display devices..

Devices with no fixed display resolution. For example, preparing a vector image for display on screens of different sizes and resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back