Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resolution in Linux redhat8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASICK

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I have installed redhat8.0 on my laptop, using VMWare, my windows uses resolution of 1280X800 but linux only works for 800X600 or below, after that it says "my host doesnt allow this resolution to run in fullscreen SVGA" is there a way to get the same or at least better resolution in redhat? I have a ATI radeon mobility x300 graphic card but ATI doesnt provide linux driver for kernel 2.6 and below, I have kernel 2.4, please help...

This is an annoying problem, if u search for the redhat8 driver and u didn't find it, so try to install fedora core 3 or 4

try upgrading to kernel 2.6 ...it offers better services. ati drivers are available here
**broken link removed**

try ati's 'radeon' driver is generic driver that i guess supports x300. you can also try running fglrxconfig for re-configuring the display. choose higher resolution during config only if you are sure that it can support higher resolution. refer your laptop's documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.