Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Resistor value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffwraith

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
res1.jpg

Hi :)

Can someone help me out with the value of the above res? It's the same, from diff angles.

The reason I am having an issue, is I can't figure out what color the first band is (middle of the body)

I have the 2nd band as either orange or yellow - but which?

I have the 3rd band as black, and the tolerance band as red (even tho its more of a red-brown).

I am not seeing the color of the first band here:

Am hopeful someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

That's 100K ohm- Brown-Black-Yellow. Have you been checked for color blindness? It's pretty obvious, even with your out-of-focus picture.

Hi,

I don't see orange nor red, either.

It clearly is: brown black yellow
With gold as 5% tolerance.

Klaus

Thanks

So, I thought the tolerance band was on, or towards the edge of the res, and also with a space between it and the other bands. Clearly, I was mistaken there.

And that's brown? Ok, I believe ya :) Looks red in real life. Tho, TBH, not the same "shade" as the red as other res.

Cheers.

Have you been checked for I don't know where my local comedy club is syndrome?
I'm serious. Two other people see it unquestionably as brown-black-yellow, you saw it as red-black-orange. That's a flag.

brown black orange gold 10 x 10^3 5%
start from the end the first stripe is closest to
the last stripe is usually further from the end
in your photographs, the brown stripe is clearly closer to the end than the gold stripe

about 30 years ago, military specification resistors had the
military part number printed on the resistor
the printing was small, but color acuity wasn't an issue

Should we start a poll? Also for me it's clearly yellow rather than orange.

I admit that it's sometimes difficult to decode resistor color codes, particularly with aged parts, but not in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.