Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistance measurement with ATmega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

north2012

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to measure sensor's resistance with ATmega32. I am wondering if I can use simple resistor divider with mcu's ADC to get value of unknown resistance. Unknown resistance is approximately 50 kOhms +/-10%. Do you have experience with this concept or you have some better idea?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually, in first step of my researching I completed data logger which has 8 ADC channels and now I am trying to upgrade that system in something more useful. So I am wondering if there is some idea for this direction (see attachment). In Proteus all works fine. Of course if in real system I can not get enough accuracy I will change concept. After this I will use AD5933 for complex impedance measurement but I hope that simple resistance I can measure in a much simpler way.

Best regards.
res_test.jpg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.