Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resample in Xilinx System Generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

panospet

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any ideas of how can I implement the "resample" MATLAB code in a xilinx system generator design?

I want this to implement the pitch shifting audio effect. For any other questions I'm glad to answer.

thank you in advance.

panospet

Any ideas of how can I implement the "resample" MATLAB code in a xilinx system generator design?

I want this to implement the pitch shifting audio effect. For any other questions I'm glad to answer.

thank you in advance.

panospet

In general, you use a FIR filter to resample a signal.

You may need to do a combination of interpolation and decimation using cascaded CIC filters or FIR filter as mentioned in previous post.

The problem of resampling is the same as the problem of interpolating between two points (given several other points an additional assumptions on bandwidth).

the resulting implementation is often a variable, weighted average of "nearby" samples. This is a "polyphase" filter, or a filter with time varying coefficients.

This is exactly how resample works. resample itself will generate a filter function for you (using a windowed FIR). "cosets" from this large filter determine how interpolation is done for each sample. (a coset is simple sets of every N points, but offset. eg 0, 4, 8, 12 is one "coset", and 1, 5, 9, 13 is the next "coset"). These cosets form "sub filters" or "filter phases" that can change dynamically for polyphase or arbitrary resamplers.

In the end, you are looking for a polyphase filter block with a large prototype filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back