Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

request about driver for control a proportional actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

alireza121

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need a driver to control an on/off actuator as proportional in such a way that I can control this actuator by 0-10v dc.

If anyboady know about this subject or have the driver circuit,please tell me about that.

Many thanks,
Alireza121

Do you have a link to the spec's on the "actuator"? A lot more info would help.

Ken

Attachments

• danfoss on-off actuator datasheet.PDF
    827.7 KB · Views: 89

Dear Ken

Many thanks for your prompt reply,

I have a question :

Do you know about Fuzzy logic of fuzzy controller ?

Best,

Alireza121

The said actuator is operating very slowly with 3 min opening time. But it's not designed for proportional action with a specified characteristic, the actual PWM to spindle position characteristic has to be determined empirically. It will be most likely affected by enviroment and medium temperature. Or you have to use a PWM with several minutes period.

I agree with FvM. With no feedback and a long operation time it will be a real hassle to implement good control. Why have you chosen this type of valve?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back