Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req: Tektronix 2710 Spectrum analizer manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
tektronix sys ram fail

Oh excellent, 1 has been fixed.

Bythe way, has anyone managed to change the battery & if so what for?
What type of battery can be used for it?

forum tektronix 2710

cyberrat said:
Oh excellent, 1 has been fixed.

Bythe way, has anyone managed to change the battery & if so what for?
What type of battery can be used for it?

Hi,

I replaced the battery. I bought a similar one from Farnell. Any 3V similar size Lithium cell with soldering tabs can be used if you don't mind to do some soldering. I did that in combination with some double sided tape and a ty-wrap.

Good luck,

David

tektronix 2710 doc

By the way, does someone have a datasheet for the National Semiconductors DM86S64 character generator?
Only information I found is that it is contained in an old 1980 memory data book.

tektronix 2710 faults

Hi everyone, my bad by taking alive an old thread, but I have saw that you are develop the secuence to the U352 to solve weird letters, but mine is just dead the whole digital functions, there isn't readout and signal is shown as analog display, Following the schematics of 2712 that was the service manual that I found, the problem is in the same PAL, anyway I will try with the a.cz solution, so I'll gonna cross my fingers.

But, however....If anyone can supply me the right service manual for 2710, I'll appreciate.

Thanks

spectrum analyzer tektronix 2710

Hello,

the failure mode "analog only" seems to have a different cause. However, the cause might reside within the same PLD (U352, PLS173).

Attached is a draft address-map of the display-storage board. Although I believe that the information is correct, there may be mistakes. (If you find one, please write a short note for correction -- thanks)

If the analyzer can still be controlled by the front-panel keys, you may try the following tests -- even if you can't see the menus on the CRT:

DISPL_MENU > 6
Switches the readout on and off. Performs a write to the register inside U260 via LAT2. Register contents cannot be probed directly, but you should see a short write pulse on LAT2 as well as EW-.

DISPL_MENU > 4
This toggles between MINMAX and PEAK acquisition. Signal PEAKDIS should change high or low, respectively. A test for writes to latch U460.
DISPL_MENU > 3
This should toggle HLF/FLL-. Another test for writes to U460.
In both cases, you should see a write pulse at U460's CLK Pin 11.

UTIL_MENU > 5 > 2 > 2
This writes checkerboard-like patterns to the four digital storages and shows them (only waveforms, no text).
After presssing any key, shows the character set all over the screen (only text, no waveforms).
Again pressing any key, shows both checkerboard and character set (text and waveform displays on).
Press UTIL_MENU again to leave.
In your case, you will probably see nothing, but you might be able to see the write pulses at the RAM U436 Pin 27 (WE-) when the CPU writes text/waveform data to it.

To detect the sparse write pulses, you will need a (digital) storage scope or a logic analyzer.

UTIL_MENU > 5 > 1 > 1
This is the "DISPLAY STORAGE DATA ACCUM" test. Data is continuously read from the ADC by the CPU via the REDAT- line, and is written to the display RAM. So you should note pulses on U438 Pins 1 (ER-) and 7 (REDAT-), and on U436 Pin 27 (WE-), probably also on U352 pin 27 (UPMEM-).
NOTE: This test is not run if waveform A contains saved data, indicated by the green LED besides the "A" key. Press SAVE > A to clear this.

Regards,
Andreas.

tektronix 2712 repair

I just upload a possible fix for this (new/different) problem.
It assumes that the EW- signal is not generated, so that the CPU cannot write any registers on the display storage board (despite the marker positions).
Of course, the old connection(s) between U352 and U438 must be opened/cut.
It is well possible that only EW- is affected, ER- is not.
Please review once more before building, and post some corrective words so I can change or remove the schematic if necessary.

tektronix manual book

Hello everyone, i also gotted a Tek2712 SA. Normalizations system, Amplitude Failed.
Menu Select
Util-5-5(Service Normalizations)-2(Amplitude Normaliztion) Error List:
0. Gain And Atten Fail N
2. Full Screen offset Fail D
7. Sensitivty Fail N

When i inital machine. Util-0
Screen Display above information:
"Cannot Overwrite Saved Display"

Low Frequency, 9k--10MHZ, Noise level too High, -90dbm. i don't know that is normal ???

I need help for check my TEK2712.

BTW: Tek website, Mauanl pdf and Service manual pdf could download.

all-07 hilo ebay

jivega said:
I need manual for Tektronix 2710 Spectrum analizer.

Thanks

Jimmy :(

You might try my friend's web site, www.aa4df.com, as in amongst the paid manuals there are also free download manuals available. I'm not sure if the 2710 is among those, but it doesn't cost anything to find out.

-Dallas

Did anyone (Andreas?) continue researching the PLD replacement? I find it annoying to have a perfectly fine 2710 on the shelf (RF-wise), including narrow filter and TG, but without trace display :(

I did buy an Advantest SA, but would like to revive the Tek....

David

I am looking for a pdf of the 2710 manual and have had no luck I was hoping someone could please help =)

Re: tek 2710

Hi,

mine 2710 has the same problems as yours! Did you repair yours already ? BTW i got the service manual as PDF.

is it possible to get a copy of the manual

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Please help for a Tektronix 2710 PDF Manual.
Thank You

hello,

i really need the service manual for Tek 2710. Could you help me?

Re: tektronix 2710

I need manual for Tektronix 2710 Spectrum analizer.

Thanks

Jimmy :(

I uploaded Tektronix 2710 manuals (5) including two different revisions of the Operator's Manual and the Service Manual (with schematics):

**broken link removed** => Tektronix 2710 manual.rar

The .rar file is about 50MB. If that's too much for you to download, I can upload individual manuals for you. (I may do it regardless.)

-- coiley

Does anyone know where a new battery can be obtained from?

Do you have the old NVRAM battery? It is labeled BT510 on the "Disaplay Board" (diagram A9 p.326 of the tek_2710_svc.pdf). If you can't get numbers off of it, note that this thread **broken link removed** suggests that it is 3.6V. The specs say it's lithium or silver (svc.pdf 2-10=p.25). Measure the diameter and thickness in mm and use the info to choose a button/coin cell:

List of battery sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of battery sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of battery sizes : Button Coin Watch Micro Miniature

-coiley

The battery of my Tek 2710 has a label "CATALYST RESEARCH CORPORATION - 2736". I search on NET and encountered in "http://books.google.pt/books?id=q58IX4BM7-0C&pg=SL7-PA17&lpg=SL7-PA17&dq=Battery+-+Catalyst+research+corporation+-+2736&source=bl&ots=lP-okbGh8C&sig=ttMkDgNAelKHhPSctZrF0QNQPUE&hl=pt-PT&ei=DQJITYu3AcGLswbM-bn9Ag&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Battery%20-%20Catalyst%20research%20corporation%20-%202736&f=false" any reference to it at 9.11.2

Now search for the uncommon CR2736: **broken link removed** in New York

Or try a common CR2430 or CR2450 - both o/c 3.6V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back