Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeat on/off delay Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I took another look out the waveform

Yes. I understand Q19 has a total waveform of 16sec period. 8secs (on) 8secs (0ff).

Yes, but I would express it thus:- Q19 has a period of 16sec. 8secs (High) 8secs (Low).

So the LED will come (on) for 8secs (when the output is high) high,and then go's (off) for 8secs low.Right! This i understand.

Yes you're right, but the terminology is not quite right. See my suggestion in red.

What i do not know. Is the 524288bit already divided with the 32.768khz crystal to get the 16sec period.
or dose the counter have first divide by each stage until it gets to Q19 which is 524288bit. See below.
See the attachment to my previous post. I think it will help you.

ljcox

I'm still not understanding the 4520 ics.

I'm ordering the parts.

once i start building the circuit i will need to put an LED at each stage
maybe this will make sence on the functioning of each stage as i go.

I will contact you when i start constucting the circuit.

I do appreciate all the help and time you given me on this project.Thanks.

Ebonic

ljcox

I'm still not understanding the 4520 ics. See below

I'm ordering the parts.

once i start building the circuit i will need to put an LED at each stage
maybe this will make sence on the functioning of each stage as i go.

I suggest that you set up a 4520 as in my post # 59 and drive it from an oscillator running at say 1 Hz so you have time to see the binary counting. You can make an oscillator with a 555 & run it from a 9 Volt battery. You probably don't need transistors to drive the LEDs, try connecting them directly to the counter outputs via 1 k resistors.

You only need the transistors if you're monitoring your weekly timer circuit since connecting the LEDs directly may load the outputs too much.

I will contact you when i start constucting the circuit.

I do appreciate all the help and time you given me on this project.Thanks. You're welcome.

Ebonic

I did an internet seach for "binary counters" & there were many hits.

Here are the URLs of 3 examples.

Counter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Binary Counter - YouTube

https://hibp.ecse.rpi.edu/~connor/education/IEE/lectures/Lecture_5_Binary_Counter.pdf

I watched the first 20 sec or so of the youtube video & thought it was very good. It is a simple way to introduce people to binay numbers & binary counting using a mechanical device.

Once you have looked at these URLs, I suggest you do your own search for more.

Also, you could search this forum for "counter"

Please feel free to ask any questions.

You're at the bottom of the learning curve, so you need to build up your basic knowledge. In other words, you need to learn to crawl before you try to walk, so to speak.

Len

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back