Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repair tips for Compal icw50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therix30

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i'm Riccardo from Italy, i'm a IT technician and now i'm trying to prepare myself for chip level repairing.
I've a lot of laptop mainboard not working, so i decided to do some practice with those. now i have a compal icw50 and the problem is that it continues on power on and shut. i'm working with only the mainboard, no cpu no ram no vga, but the problem is the same. i've tested 3 and 5 always power and cpu power and those are ok, i've searched for short on inductance and ground but i had no success... what can be the next check? or have anyone any idea on this maybe stupid problem?

thanks a lot,
Riccardo

dear Freind first place an cpu and then test again because some laptop motherboards automatically shuts of if ther is no cpu. either your motherboard should have an short circuit.

The problem is the same too, i see that the signal VLDT_EN that come out from MSIC command the on/off, is it possible that msic is broken...? 8-O
i don't think to be able to change it...

Thank you fo your reply,
Riccardo

Status
Not open for further replies.