Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Control Ceiling Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

eross_xesroll

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys, Need your opinion.my ceiling fan(KDK-remote control) suddenly become slow and remote control not functioning.any idea???thanks

Battery is ok.i search solution in web most of them says that capacitor could be faulty.

Guys, Need your opinion.my ceiling fan(KDK-remote control) suddenly become slow and remote control not functioning.any idea???thanks

Replace batteries, they can shows good voltage but on load, voltage rapidly go down, due to some internal chem material failure. In this situation batteries cant supply needed current to circuit.

Clean IR diode body or clean protecting glass/plastic for IR diode.

Open remote control and clean tasters.

this is most likely if the capacitor inside your fan has gone bad. Ceiling fans are usually single split-phase induction motors which require a capacitor to work. Probably nothing to do with the remote. However since you have a speed control based on electronics, then probably there are SCR's/Thyristors involved, which can make fan capacitors go bad early.

Status
Not open for further replies.