Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

release with magnetic timer? Need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bw

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help, am looking for a device that will use a timer to release a magnet to move a part of a device. I am not even sure the term to use for this mechanism. Ideally it would be small (standard 9V battery or smaller), the magnet wouldn't hold much weight (less than an ounce likely), and be linked to a timer that could be programmed for 5- 10 minutes.

Let me put it another way. Imagine a cabinet door (with a spring inside it to push it open), you push it shut, the magnet connects to a plate, holding the door shut. After 5 minutes, the magnet loses power or somehow is pushed off the plate, allowing the door to open.

What would this be called? Where could I find one, or does it need to be constructed? Thanks for any help in advance.

Added after 29 minutes:

Maybe it is called a magnetic lock? And I also would like for it to be DC powered. Thanks again if anyone can help.

Hi, if you have access to used toasters, the mechanism that controls toast movement is a timer with magnetic release. When the toast is ready (timed) the magnet deactivates and releases the latch. A spring lifts the toast. It has potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back