Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relation between slew rate and minimum closed loop gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthy_maya

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am looking for the relation between the minimum closed loop gain and slew rate?? can someone help??

Thanks!
Aarthy

There's no relation. Slew rate is basically a large-signal parameter, related to non-linear OP behaviour. In a classical miller compensated OP topology, it's set by the current of the first stage and the miller capacitance.

Hi FvM,

the reference
"http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=V-N4jbgbo9sC&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=feedforward+compensation+in+operational+amplifier&source=bl&ots=lQTpe6aLmd&sig=JHHu8IhnhEmzpgxhVArzgcmcXD0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=C-qET-_6KozPrQfOtrSxBg&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false" on page 4 (i have attached the same for sake of easy)

states that there is a relation between them, but never mention what is the relation :(

ques.png

That is why I am looking whether there is real direct/indirect relation or it is a false statement

Thanks!
Aarthy

There's a relation when designing the OP. Changing the compensation affects both. Many other OP parameters are mutual dependent as well, that's what the literature is talking about.

Your question makes sense if you consider a specific unity gain (miller) compensated OP. You may want to have a decompensated version of it. Keeping all design parameters, except for a reduced miller capacitance. For several commercially available OPs, you'll get such a decompensated version. They have increased slew rate and gain-bandwidth product, and also an increased minimal closed loop gain of e.g. 5 or 10 in return. LF357 versus LF356 is a classical OP I remember in this regard.

Hi FvM,

Thanks for the reply! I understand it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back