Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relation between baud rate and carrier frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree_405

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
relation between frequency and data rate

In psk signals generally
carrier Frequency Fc=(nc/Tb)
nc-any constant integer
Tb-baud rate
Then in B.201B,V.27ter ALT and V.27bis ALT modem protocols carrier frequency is 1800Hz and baud rate is 1200.How is it possible.

relation between data rate and frequency

hi,
Where did you see that in psk modulations Fc=n/Ts??????
The bandwith of the signal is proportional to 1/Ts but the carrier frequency has nothing to do with Ts.
I hope this helps
regards

baud to freq

As far as i know, there is no relation between these two.
For eg, in CDMA modulation, raw data rate can be 9600bps, 4800bps, 2400bps, and 1200bps.
That doesn't mean each one has different carrier freq.

frequency vs baud

hey...

my line of thinking is something like this...
baud rate is the rate at which u transmit the data, while the carrier freq is the freq of the wave that carries the data...
so, the data can be transfered over a carrier at any rate over the carrier.

sree_405, i dont know the authenticity of ur formula "Fc=(nc/Tb)" 'coz i dont think 'nc' should only be an interger. 'coz the carrier can be modulated at any point of time. it need not be with the freq of the carrier n it actually depends on the sampling freq of the data. if wat i have said is right then that would be the solution of ur problem.

if 1800 is Fc then 1.5 times the baud rate of 1200 would give u the ans. i.e., according to the implications of the above explanation, data of 1/1.5 amount of data is transfered over a sigle carrier wave.

i hope this will help u...
regards,
rakesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back