Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rehl 4 will out at feb 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormwolf

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rehl eda

Now new eda software will move to rehl 4, does rehl 4 support old eda software?

I am not sure. Because RHEL 4 use linux kernel 2.6.X.
Can it be compatible with EDA tools?

You'd better use RHEL 3.

i'm using CentOS 4.0 now and so far no problem with synopsys DC, VCS (need to modify the wrapper a bit), Cadence NC-Sim, Cadence Buildgate.

However Astro seems to have problem yet to figure out why.

CentOS 4.0, what's that?

I can use RHEL 4.0 WS with Cadence IC5.141 and Assura 3.1.2 and RFDE2004A without problem.( for the time being )

ryang said:
CentOS 4.0, what's that?

From https://www.centos.org/

CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor. CentOS conforms fully with the upstream vendors redistribution policy and aims to be 100% binary compatible. (CentOS mainly changes packages to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork.) CentOS is free, however, we ask for a small contribution.

In short this "North American Enterprise Linux vendor" is Red Hat which provides the source code to their RHEL, that's why it is free software (as in freedom, not price as you can see from RHEL's prices :)

PONDERBOY said:
could anyone share install method of synopsys2004?

u need to get the synopsys installer 1st and use that to launch the installation after u have unzip the tools file.

Status
Not open for further replies.