Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding setup environmental variable in linux variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

priya17

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can we set the env variable for 'specific tool' to use any of the specific sub tools. To use specific sub tool it should point to the 'installation' folder of the that sub tool installation directory and to use another specific subtool it needs to be set to 'installation' folder of the another sub tool installation directory.

Srry but the explanation sounds like a tongue twister to me. Can you give an example of what you want and how the directory structure is?

I mean can we set two environment in same source file Is it will work (for me it is not working)? I any other way two do this?

Yes you definitely can set 2 environment variable sin one file.
set <VAR1> <value>
set <VAR2> <value>

If you are using perl then $ENV{'VAR1'} is how you call the environment variable.
You can also use system commands in your script or backtick to set env.
For ex : system "setenv VAR1 value"
echo $VAR1
Also, `setenv VAR1 value`

Status
Not open for further replies.