Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding s-parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailgvenkat

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
s parameters tutorial

hi all,

on analysing the nm interconnect structure in IE3D, i am able to get the s- parameters,transmission line parameters,eyepattern display,etc....

But i need the theory regarding this parameters extraction......also wht can i infer from the results ?.......how the s-parameters should be(for nm substrate simulated for around 200 frequency points iam getting the display of it).....but how should be s11(low or high),s22(low or high),s12(low or high),s21(low or high)......

also i need a list of commonly used substrates with their relative permittivity and which substrate can be used for nm range......

plz help regarding this....

expecting ur reply,
with regards,
venkat.G.

Hi, mailgvenkat: I also got your message from the e-mail. The s-parameters and etc. are basicaly based upon the transmission line theory. They are describing how the power is flowing inside your circuit. How are they extracted? There are too many things involved and it can't be described in a short paragraph. What are the most commonly used substrates for nm applications? I am not sure. However, if you get the right parameters for a specific substrate, you can try to use EM simulators for it. Specific to IE3D, we have tested it for wide range of substrate parameters and the it is reasonable. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back