Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding RF module (433MHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embedded_Geek

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have heard that using same ground(GND) for both transmitter and receiver is a problem for RF module. I wanted to know is it true?

Thanks in advance,

If you have a common ground, you won't actually need wireless transmsission, isn't it?

If you are asking about a test setup, there's no particular problem with common ground. If at all, some receivers may have problems with the field strength of a near-by transmitter. Connecting no or only very short antennas (e.g. 1 cm) can help in this case.

I was actually asking about the test setup. Actually I was testing new RF module on pc using serial terminal. But I could not establish a connection between the receiver and transmitter. While googling I came across some website mentioning that the ground MUST not be common. I think now I have to conclude that my RF module is not in good health :(

Thanks for your answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back