Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding PCB design of TIA @ 10s of Gbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma479

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, this is my first post on this forum. For a small project I have to build a PCB whose whole purpose is to enhance a signal of >10 Ghz having very small current. So I am buying a Transimpedence amplifier in the form of bare die. I have almost no experience in PCB design. I have cadence SPB 15.7 installed. I first want to simulate the circuit using CIS for analysis. Would anyone please give me an idea of different cadence tools involved in this whole process or can anyone of you suggest me some resource which could explain some simple PCB design explaining every step with examples. Moreover for simulation, since I dont have any such component available within library of cadence but I know Z and S parameters of amplifier. Can I model this amplifier in Matlab and somehow export it in to CIS.
I would really appreciate any suggestions or help in this regard.
thanks.
Shami

I've done numerous designs of 10Gbps TIAs. If your starting from scratch, your in for some serious fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.