Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding OCV and uncertainity

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkatramanan

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IN ocv analysis why we are using setup check for max value and hold check for min value.?

after cts the uncertaintiy value tool ll take from the sdc file?what is the effect of uncertainity value after cts?

in ocv analysis we are using single lib or multiple lib?
ple any one explain me....

In OCV (On Chip Variation), we assume things can be very different within the chip, under single operating condition. So to simulate the most pessimistic case for:
- setup: assume data launch path is really slow & data capture path is really fast.
- hold: assume data launch path is really fast & data capture path is really slow.
There are few different ways as far as I know to do this:
- use multiple libraries (eg: slow & fast lib at single operating condition)
- use single library & apply derate

Meanwhile I am not really sure about the uncertainty after cts. I am guessing the uncertainty will add up uncertainties from all clock buffers & nets inserted. Again I am not sure, pls do not take this as final :p

apply derate
How do you do that? What is "derate"?

use multiple libraries (eg: slow & fast lib at single operating condition)
Hm... After P&R, is provided for STA. As far as I know, RC-extraction includes all the timing arcs in the design (including the cells also)... So, how do you use the tech libs (*.lib) in the Post-P&R STA? Are they ever needed?

Thank you!

the OCV is also the idea to have timing variation in the same chip of the same std cell dependant where this one are placed.
Due to local voltage drop not equivalent, technology variation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back