Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding M.S.Ramaiah school

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajmohannm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
attention plz

If any one doing VLSI course do not join M.S.Ramaiah school.Not only for VLSI course but also for any other course like embedded.
Because they bother about u r mony not about u r career.No placement nothing.
They give importance to the MS students not for the course student. They r making mony,thats it.This is my personal experience.

Re: attention plz

rajmohannm said:
they bother about u r mony not about u r career.No placement nothing. They r making mony,thats it.This is my personal experience.
This is the case with 90% of educational institutes. Rarely we find one who shares good knowledge and really cares about students...

One problem is that schools pay low salaries. They get the people who could not find a job in industry.

flatulent said:
One problem is that schools pay low salaries. They get the people who could not find a job in industry.
Yes..thatz another face of the truth. But the Op's problem is of with the management making money.

Re: attention plz : MSRSAS - VLSI Course

Dear Raj san and further readers for this post,

:arrow:I am just expressing my views for the institute, being an ex-student for MSRSAS for Masters in VLSI (Silver Medal).

Each institute will have some + and some -. yes i do agree that the course fees is very and and the placement is very poor, thanks for the recent recession which is generally used to cover the later part.

But it is not completely true that you do not get anything there. I think that the institute has a good faculty for Verilog/SystemVerilog and FPGA implementation. The faculty for CMOS is also above average.:|

The important aspect of the course is the access to industry standard tools like Cadence and Synopsys suite, Xilinx, Actel and other FPGA boards ... thats where the cost factor might come in picture (although institute might get the licenses for free or very cheap) Moreover you get 24hr access to the labs. And the access can be granted to you even after the course has been completed and even later even after months of completion of course for having some practice.:idea:

I would like to mention that, for each course the objective is to complete the assignment (project activity) and not exactly the learning. It is a mindset that if you finished the project you understood everything whereas the fact is many students just try to find a work around to get the task completed. Further, it is difficult to assess who worked the nights to get the things going and who is fooling the faculty (and himself ... in the log run of life). So marks/ggrade also does not carry the exact evaluation of the effort been put my the student.

Coming to the fact that education industry gets the persns which get rejected/un-offered from the industry. Some persons have a passion of teaching. Some switch to teaching to have some personal life after contribution a decade or so in the industry. I feel teacher might know everything, but should have the ability to teach the subject and clear the doubts of students. Also, the salaries of faculties is not as less. The deserving experienced faculties get a good package, higher than many industry personnels. So the course fees also get higher, to take out the salary of the staff ... institute management won't pay anything from its pocket :D

Try to have a delibrate POSITIVE attitude. See what you are getting. Join the course for your leaning, enhancing your skills. That will help you get selected in interviews which you can appear thourg consultants or open market.

*:!:* I am just mentioning my views w.r.t. my learning and know-how about the institute
*:!:* I would request more ex-MSRSAS students to share their view about the institute.

Status
Not open for further replies.