Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Floating & Fixed Point number in Matlab.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajhere

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fixed point arithmetic matlab

Hi all, i am working on control blocks to compute phase & freq response for PID Controller. Ihave some doubts...
my target processsor is ADSP 2181 which uses 16 bit fixed point arithmetic(Q15 format).. Before doing i want to simulate the same in the matlab for both fixed point & floating point arithmetic in matlab...............

MatLab uses the IEEE Double Precision floating point arithmetic format.
Whenever any numeric input is fed into the matlab, its computation will be in the floating point.
There is a function in the matlab to convert the value from floating to fixed point.
I have some doubts regarding this….
1) Is there any provision in matlab to feed fixed point value (Q15 format) as input? i.e. matlab should accept fixed point value & should produce o/p. This is required for me to validate the results of fixed point arithmetic by comparing the same with the corresponding results of floating point arithmetic.
2) If suppose it accepts the fixed point values. How internally matlab stores the values….?

please help me in this...

regards
rajhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back