Not open for further replies.

sunil880089

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
i am facing following problem while compiling a program in CCSv4..

"exceeds code size limit"..

please tel me the solution..
thank you.

You can try the IAR Embedded Workbench KickStart demo that has a 16k byte limit instead of the 8k of CCS

Alex

Thank You sir.. i ll try,,
But is there any option in code composer studio v4..

An old Basic programming version set a limit of 32k on source code size.

You could use the command 'SEGMENT' to overcome this limitation. You could use it more than once, say every 25k or 30k throughout a program.

An old Basic programming version set a limit of 32k on source code size.

You could use the command 'SEGMENT' to overcome this limitation. You could use it more than once, say every 25k or 30k throughout a program.

Thank you.. but i am confusing where to use command 'SEGMENT'..
please sir can you give me one example.. so that i can use in my program.
thank you

Sorry, I guess I meant 'I as the programmer could use the SEGMENT command'. I didn't intend to say you can use it to solve your own error.

I'm not acquainted with CCSv4. I don't know for sure that CCSv4 has a command which fixes your code size limit error.

I remember I would get a similar error using FutureBasic. Looking through the manual I saw that I needed to insert the 'SEGMENT' command to fix the error. I imagine it had to do with adding a second block of memory for jump tables, etc.

Some error messages are not always caused by exactly what the message tells you. Besides the size of your program itself, a code size error might refer to memory being full, or insufficient blocks of memory being available for additional:

simple variables,
array variables,
string variables,
number of subroutines/functions,
number of calls to routines,
recursive loops (routines which call themselves, whether intended or not),
number of opened ports, inputs, outputs,
size or number of buffers allocated for input/output
etc.

K Sir Thank You.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…