Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Ethernet Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

yviswanathbe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I am currently working with silabs C8051F120 Microcontroller(Crystal Freq:22.1184Mhz).
i want to have ETHERNET interface to my board.
My requirement is i need to transfer 120Bytes of DATA to PC. Sample rate is 1second.In this 1 second time i need to acquire the sensors, convert to digital and transfer to PC.I Think this is not possible with RS232 interface.
So i want to go with Ethernet.
am i correct?
I am thinking to use Microchip ENC28j60 Ethernet controller IC.
How to know what is the maximum speed i can achieve with this IC.

some body pls help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Viswanath.

Use USB to SPI converter IC (like CY7C64215). It will be easier and better, I think so =)

Hi i think you could use the serial port to acomplish that task. You can configure the serial port baud rate to have 115200 bps, and if you plan to send blocks of 8 bits then you would have plenty of time, but it will depend of course in the other part of the logic. Sometimes the conversion process take a long time comparing to other stuff. So depending on what logic do you intend to do, you will se how much time available do you have for the transmission task. But i think you should try using the serial port. Put your data in RAM memory cause it is faster.

I am thinking to use Microchip ENC28j60 Ethernet controller IC.

May be KSZ8851SNL can be better? You can download schematic from **broken link removed**; software available on Micrel site after registration.

Hi malkut,war4one,

Thanks for your suggesions. i will look in to the solutions you have given.

Hi mago,

at present we are working with RS232(@115200 baudrate) only.But we are not able to read all the data in that sample rate.
Sometimes we may also want 1msecond samplerate.
That is the reason we want to move to ethernet communication.

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back