Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding DVB-T Matlab demo simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckrisasa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

According DVB-T demo in Matlab Communication block set, it is a fair simulation model with not having guard interval and so on. But we can simulate in AWGN noise and this shows zero BER. But after i modified by inlcuding Rayleigh Multipath channel the BER is increasing to 0.5. That means i need to add something at the reciver end to minimize the BER. And i hope that would be Equalizer as per my Digital communication Knowledge. Pardon m guys, I'm poor in Digital Electronic as my core subjects are programming and no way related to communications but My masters level in sweden included this topic and i don't know why!!:((.. But i learned few interesting topics like Mathlab coding and Simulation of various communication standards myself and that pushed me to take thesis on DVB-T systems as i'm big fan of Video broadcasting systems. My knowledge in Equlaizers is zero and i want learn something big. But i dont find a single releavant material. Coming to the point, when i added the Rayleigh Multipath Fading block along with AWGN block to channel the BER went down to 0.5 and i need to minimize that by adding equalizer. So, which equalizer is suitable for 2k broadcasting when used 64QAM on OFDM to minimize the multipath fading? Explanation is OK and if there is an example model it would so great..Guys, please don't make my post dumb and i'm dying to find the answer here. Please share your knowledge and enligten me..otherwise it would be choatic for me and i might end up doing nothing by the end of this semester..Atleast a small clue would be so grateful..I hope a reponse from Geeks in this forum..thanks all in advance..:D

hi folks, please ur reply to ckrissa's request will of great help as i am working in that area too. thanks all

Hi,

According DVB-T demo in Matlab Communication block set, it is a fair simulation model with not having guard interval and so on. But we can simulate in AWGN noise and this shows zero BER. But after i modified by inlcuding Rayleigh Multipath channel the BER is increasing to 0.5. That means i need to add something at the reciver end to minimize the BER. And i hope that would be Equalizer as per my Digital communication Knowledge. Pardon m guys, I'm poor in Digital Electronic as my core subjects are programming and no way related to communications but My masters level in sweden included this topic and i don't know why!!:((.. But i learned few interesting topics like Mathlab coding and Simulation of various communication standards myself and that pushed me to take thesis on DVB-T systems as i'm big fan of Video broadcasting systems. My knowledge in Equlaizers is zero and i want learn something big. But i dont find a single releavant material. Coming to the point, when i added the Rayleigh Multipath Fading block along with AWGN block to channel the BER went down to 0.5 and i need to minimize that by adding equalizer. So, which equalizer is suitable for 2k broadcasting when used 64QAM on OFDM to minimize the multipath fading? Explanation is OK and if there is an example model it would so great..Guys, please don't make my post dumb and i'm dying to find the answer here. Please share your knowledge and enligten me..otherwise it would be choatic for me and i might end up doing nothing by the end of this semester..Atleast a small clue would be so grateful..I hope a reponse from Geeks in this forum..thanks all in advance..:D
hello ckrisasa.. I am also working on the same field. Achieving MIMO advantages is my prime goal. I found a lot. But unfortunately couldn't gather something REALLY useful. So, its my kind request to you friend that if you find anything regarding it, I will be really grateful to you. Kindly mail me on my mail address: jigar8192@gmail.com.
And if I will find something, I will surely post it here.. Thanx in advance. :)-----GENETRON.

dvb-t

Do you simulate dvb-t using simulink or matlab script?
i have simulated dvb-t with least square equalization using matlab script in rician and rayleigh fading. i think least square(LS) is the simplest methode

Re: dvb-t

Do you simulate dvb-t using simulink or matlab script?
i have simulated dvb-t with least square equalization using matlab script in rician and rayleigh fading. i think least square(LS) is the simplest methode
But actually I am trying to combining dvb-t with MIMO.. and can you tell me about that ls methode?

Re: dvb-t

But actually I am trying to combining dvb-t with MIMO.. and can you tell me about that ls methode?

Least square is one of equalizing methode using part of pilot for estimating the block signal at all. i use LS by divide block signal by the first frame pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back