Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Agilent ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsy85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
agilent impedance matching util

Hi dear all,

I am very new to Agilent ADS and hope to get assistance from you all.

My problem:

I want to simulate the performance of a MGA-86563 Low noise amplifier using ADS.
The RF-in and RF-out terminals of this LNA is designed to be in 50ohm, thus, how to design the input and output matching impedance using ADS? Also,since I plan to fabricate the design onto a FR4 (PCB material),how am I going to know the dimensions (W and L) of particular MLIN,MLOC,MTEE?

Regarding to that,if anyone have the tutorials/reference/guidelines which related to my problem, then please help me ya as I am really stuck here.

Thanks very much and have a nice days :)
Best regards.

linecalc agilent

If the amplifier is 50 ohms in and 50 ohms out then no further "matching" is required.

For calculating microstrip dimensions simply use LineCalc Tool in ADS. You will find it under Tools > LineCalc > Start LineCalc

But somehow the IN and OUT of the amplifier is not 50ohm and matching is required.

Ya I did tried the LineCalc, but may I know how to use it to estimate its dimensions for MTEE and MLOC?

Thanks.

Hi tsy85.
Fot matching, ADS has tool for impedance matching.Use smith chart utility.
Designguide->Amplifiers->tools--> impedance matching.
Before implementing this tool you need to select the configuration you want
You will find in " passive circuit DG matching"
in component selection menu.
Use ADS help for details.
you have to do little practice.
Also for Line calc
define microstrip properties in schemaic.
add microstrip element.
select it then
tool-->line calc--> send selected element to line calc
And you have done
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back