Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reference Power in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

My task is to calculate the SAR in a whole-body-voxel model that stands in various configurations near an electronic article surveillanc (EAS) system.
The system itself consits of 2 pylons, each with 3 wires, excited with discrete ports (i used to have current ports, but the SAR calculation where totally wrong, so I changed to S-Parameter ports).

My problem is, if I start the SAR calculation, I'm not sure what reference power i have to use. I think I should use "user defined: 1W" and pick "define accepted power as reference" in the "Special" dialog box.
But if i don't use the "Special" dialog box, and calculate the SAR value, the macro shows "6 W (RMS)" in the result window. I think the 6W means 6 ports x 1W...but I'm not sure.
I tried to calculate the SAR value manually and it seems that the version with 1W accepted power as reference is ok(Maximum SAR (rms,10g) [W/kg]: 0.022712), but on the other hand the value for the second version is also not so unbelieveable(Maximum SAR (rms,10g) [W/kg]: 0.133032).

I nearly forgot--> the frequency is 8.2 MHz, so the reference value according to ICNIRP is 0.08 W/kg, if that helps you in any case.

The ports itself have a 1 W RMS power (impedance ports), and i think that CST uses 1 W peak power for the SAR calculation, so i have to use the "accepted power as reference" option to use 1 W RMS as a reference, but I'm not sure if that is meant for 1 port (1 W for each port) or for all together (1/6 W for each port).

Summarized, the main problem is that I'm not sure how to understand the "reference power thing", if it is meant for each port (1 W accepted power - RMS for each port), or all together (6x1 W accepted power - RMS), or whatever...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back